Thursday, July 12, 2012

This is for my newly-wed friends!

Hello to all my wonderful friends who I miss dearly! I'm writing this blog for you... I'm the crazy one who tries new recipe's and cooks just because i'm bored, so maybe this blog will benefit you more than me! I've got to say, once you start cooking... its hard to stop. Your husband will love you and its always something you can fall back on! Plus, I understand not having money and needing to feed your dear man, believe me... its sort of a thrill trying to find coupons and deals... or just go to ALDI and it solves all your financial needs... except the meat- go elsewhere! So here ya go...


First off, my life right now is super hectic. I'm a nanny to two children, 5 days a week, 9-5... so yes, I'm tired but I always make sure my husband has a meal cooked and tea in the refrigerator before I go to bed. I was taught to make your husband/daddy feel comfortable after a long days work (even if I am tired!) The Lord created us to take care of our husbands and keep them healthy,so here I go!  I do a lot of cooking in one night sometimes and it makes the week so much easier. I'll give you examples as the days go on.


Feel free to comment and ask me questions, I love to make people and their lives a little easier, as well as my own.
Some people just don't know how to shop or what to buy. Let me tell you... I've learned on a TIGHT budget what to stock up on and what to buy and when.


A few steps that were helpful to me:
1. Plan AHEAD! Plan out your weekly menu, I plan out a months worth of menus. At least 5 meals a week.
2. Keep your pantry stocked with can goods, rice, and spaghetti noodles.
3. Buy in Bulk and FREEZE!
4. Cook things in bulk like chicken that way you can have it for the rest of the week! Less mess and shorter cooking time.
5. When you go to the grocery store, try to buy things when they are on special like Bi-Lo's chicken breasts, buy 1, get 1. Buy chicken, London broil, and 3 pounds of hamburger meat. (my typical purchases).
6. When you get home, take your chicken and put (depending on the size) one to two chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and put in the freezer. This way when you cook you can just get one zip lock bag out and start defrosting. Do the same thing with your hamburger meat. Take a handful of meat (enough for you and your husband) and stick it in a freezer bag, divide the meat up, you should be able to make at least 6 bags full of meat (depending on how much meat you need/want). For example, with the London broil, they are buy one, get one at bi lo every 3-4 weeks. I buy them up, cut in half and put in baggies. I have so many good recipe's to use for those in the crock pot!


I'm going to try to keep this blog up, but this was a start! An easy recipe I'll leave you with today:
Ingredients:
16 crushed ritz crackers
1 cup milk
shredded cheese
ranch packet (optional)
2 chicken breasts


Take your chicken breast and dip in the milk, next roll in the shredded cheese (use your fingers to put the cheese on it, and then roll in cracker crumbs. Spray your dish, place the chicken in a dish, sprinkle with the ranch packet and cover with foil. Cook for 35 minutes on 400 degrees. EASY, CHEAP, and serve with rice and a can of green beans... Can't beat it! This was Taylor's favorite of the week...

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo I love blogging!

    I would become your first Follower but I don't see a Google Friend Connect! I'll add you on my Google Reader!

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily this is great! I enjoyed reading. I cant wait to try your dinner idea of the week. Always looking for new dinner ideas and new ideas for the House :) Good Luck with everything and cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete