Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Once again..

So I've been a little slack the past few days, haven't had time to think about much of anything, I've been way too exhausted. For instance, thinking about moving in 3 weeks, vacation on Sunday, trying to get everything together for my new class, and working everyday is a little much for this brain of mine. My new class is going to look fabulous, I have everything purchased just waiting to get in... which was suppose to be 3 weeks ago! 


Any who, I went to check out our newly painted apartment and MAN do I have some organizing to do, its about 40 square foot smaller and the storage is--nonexistent. I'm a little concerned. Yes, its a one bedroom but its cute and cheap plus its our first place together... not just some place Taylor moved into after we were married. The biggest downside: no pantry for my monthly supply of food. This could be interesting.


I still can't believe i'm on my 2nd year of teaching, married, moved away, and that my family is sooo far away. I HATE not being able to see my parents/sisters on the weekends much less every 6 months, that's just wrong! But its life and I can see why the Lord moved me here. My class consists of a group of very diverse students, the kinds of kids I always wanted to go over seas and work with... Isn't the Lord funny, he didn't send me overseas, he sent me to downtown Spartanburg. The mission field is right in my hands and your hands, just look around. Sometimes I feel like "I can't do this!" but I do it and look back in amazement. 


The funny thing about marriage is that you learn something new about each other more often than you anticipate. Its challenging, fun, exciting, and you learn to love the things that get on your nerves. (I've rambled enough)


Tonight I made breakfast, only because I had sausage that needed to be eaten before we leave for vacation. We wanted hash browns but didn't feel like waiting forever...so I looked in the freezer and pulled out a bag of tater tots and the recipe is as follows:


While the biscuits are cooking I stuck the tator tots (not many because you will mash them up) in the oven as well. I let them unthaw and then poured them into a small frying pan, mashed them up, and let cook with a little canola oil (less fattening if you just spray the pan), i put a little salt, pepper, and let them cook until you like them (crunchy, mushy). Add cheese, bacon (I know fattening!) and let cook until melted. There ya have it! Delicious and easy. 


Well, I hope you all have had a wonderful week... sorry for my rambling. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment