Thursday, July 12, 2012

Recipe's I made THIS week!

I couldn't resist updating with my newest recipes. I have had a BLAST this week trying out a few new things. Plus, I can't sleep so why not put some ideas on here for you that I cooked Tuesday and Wednesday. I won't be cooking tomorrow- I get a day off... YEAH! Thanks Tay! Off to the Tadpole we shall go. 


1. Honey Chicken: SO delicious with some fried rice.


Take your chicken breast and cut it up into pieces. Cook it in a pan on the stove. Once it is almost done, add 3 tblsp honey, 2 tblsp soy sauce, with some garlic salt and pepper. Let it simmer until it has cooked up. SO simple and delicious. Add this to some fried rice.
Fried Rice: Boil White/Brown rice and put into skillet, add garlic salt/pepper, and soy sauce (about 2-3 tblsp) and stir for just a bit. I add egg (scrambled) and some veggies if you wish


2. Mexican Pie (My personal fav)


Ingredients: Tortilla shells (hard and soft or just soft), refried beans, rice, shredded cheese, jar of salsa con queso, hamburger meat, and taco seasoning. ( the beans and rice are optional)  FYI: Aldi has taco seasoning for $0.69 and I just buy several every time i'm in the store. Save your refried beans you don't use in the frig for next week! 


In a pan cook your hamburger meat and top with taco seasoning. Once meat is cooked poor half the jar of salsa con queso in your meat and let simmer for just a minute! Then it is ready to scoop into your tortillas. 
Take a pie pan and spray it. Put a soft tortilla in the bottom, add beans and shredded cheese, cover with another tortilla, add meat mixture and hard shells ( I break them in half and just put on top of the mixture), then top off with another tortilla. Keep layering until you have used about 4-5 tortilla shells and all your meat mixture. Top it off with the remaining queso and shredded cheese. Throw into the over for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted! You can make this however you want, adding/subtracting things. Its delicious! 


This makes enough for 4 people, we ate it twice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment